Are you “man” enough? Are you “Y’s” enough?
We’re looking for a few good men. No, we’re not the U.S. Marine Corps, we’re just a fun bunch of guys who like to contribute to some great causes.
We meet weekly from September to June for dinner which includes a guest speaker, cash bar and lively programmes. Midland Y’s Men’s Club has a great time organizing events and fundraisers throughout the year which benefit many local events, charities and non-profit groups including YMCA, Camp Kitchi, Huronia Transition Homes, Midland Y’s Men’s Music Festival, Habitat for Humanity and many more.
Our members have formed long-time friendships and business relationships with one another. You’ll see the comradery we share when you attend a dinner meeting as our guest. Although there is an agenda, our meetings are far from stuffy.
We’d like to expand our reach in the community, but to do this we need more manpower. Think you have what it takes? Here are some qualities we’re looking for in new members:
- Passion. Those that make the greatest impact in their volunteer work are those that are truly passionate about their cause and have the ability to share that passion with others.
- Integrity:As a member, you are being trusted with an organization’s resources, facilities, and customers/beneficiaries. This is a big responsibility and integrity is expected!
- Reliable and Committed. We know you can’t be at every meeting, but we do count on your commitment to the cause to make things happen.
- Team Player. Stay friendly, respect all opinions, and be compassionate and we can achieve anything.
The Y’s Men’s Club is an international organization. About 90% of local club support stays in the local community – either through support to the local YMCA or through direct community support (most often a combination of the two). Annually, such support is estimated at close to $ 5.2 million – plus numerous hours of volunteer service work.
Local clubs also support international programmes, such as:
- Alexander Scholarship Fund to support training of YMCA Staff persons.
- Brotherhood Fund to allow travel of members to visit members in other countries
- International Brother Clubs to enhance international understanding.
- Roll Back Malaria is the global framework for coordinated action against malaria
- Time of Fast Money is raised through Y’s Men “skipping” a meal or two and paying what the meal would have cost into the TOF programme.
Club meetings run each Tuesday, September until June from 06:30 – 08:00 p.m. at The Boathouse Eatery in Midland. Members aren’t obligated to attend every week, although most of us don’t like missing the opportunity to get out of the house and meet with the guys on a regular basis. We invite you to come out for dinner, as our guest, to see what we’re all about. Let us know which Tuesday you’re coming by calling Kevin at 705-526-9311.